In 1887 a small building was erected next to a hill with a stream coming from it, hence the name “Spring Hill”. The site selected was a mile south of the present school, with 65 students enrolled. The first graduating class was in 1942. In 1933 a new brick building was built at the current site of the school.
At that time a Teacherage was also built to house the family of the Superintendent and unmarried female teachers. This was during the Oil Boom when the safety and well-being of the teachers were an important factor. The Teacherage has been converted to a museum for Spring Hill Schools.